More Rewarding Work with Comfort Keepers of Arcadia®
Home Care Aide (Caregiver)
Provides care support services to Comfort Keepers clients under the supervision of the Office Manager.
- Performs duties as assigned on the Plan of Care and other reasonable related duties
- Assists client with activities of daily living including: bathing, dressing, toileting, incontinence, grooming, oral hygiene, transfers and ambulation.
- Helps ensure clients have clean, safe and healthy environment. Duties may include light housekeeping, laundry, changing linens and picking up things.
- Assists client to meet nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping and medication reminders
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completes required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
Applicant must be bondable and meet minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: state and federal required background checks, DMV driving record, professional and personal reference checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance is required for most assignments. A high school diploma or GED preferred. CNA, CHHA, CPR and preferred. HCA State registry and TB test required. Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of any mandated training. Must adhere to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and complete any required documentation.
Client home setting and automobile, and sometimes includes facility. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting up to 25 pounds.